If it’s your first time renting a motorhome hire New Zealand to explore the North Island, you can rest assured that it’s a beautiful place to visit. It has some incredibly unique landscapes, fun experiences to be had, as well as really friendly people.
You’ll discover that as you travel around the country in a motorhome hire New Zealand, there will be a large variety of places to see. From beachside spots to mountains to climb, there is something for every type of adventurer who visits New Zealand.
If it’s your first time in the country you may not be aware of the places that you should visit, so to help you out, check out the must places you’ll want to see when you visit the North Island. From gorgeous heritage sites to places where you can let your hair down, there are options for everyone.
- Tongariro National Park: There are plenty of national parks in New Zealand, but believe us when we say that you should not miss out on visiting Tongariro National Park. This unique national park is home to some captivating sights and experiences. First of all, it’s a World Heritage Site, so you know it’s going to be beautiful, second of all, it’s heaven for hikers. Guess what? It also has three volcanoes and not just pretty ones to look at, they are also active. You can get as close as possible with a guide or you can go in a helicopter ride to observe this wonder from above. There are also snow capped mountains and lakes to admire as you explore the area.
- Mount Cook: Found in the Aoraki Mount Cook National Park, Mount Cook is the country’s highest mountain and is a great destination for the adventure seeker visiting New Zealand. With plenty of rugged landscapes covered in ice and rocks, you can expect breathtaking views, as well as a challenge that will be sure to entertain your need for adrenaline. There are several different walks that can be done. Some are more challenging, while others can be done with your kids, so find out which one will be best for you.
- Bay of Islands: The beautiful islands you’ll see when you visit the Bay of Islands. This cluster of islands is a favorite destination for locals and tourists alike. It’s one of the best places for beach-goers that visit New Zealand. Do you like crystalline waters, beautiful beaches, and plenty to see and do? Bay of Islands may be the perfect stop for you on your road trip around North Island, New Zealand. From Piercy Island to Haruru Falls, you won’t run out of things to do when visiting the Bay of Islands.
- Rotorua: This thermal wonderland is a must-visit place in North Island. For one, where else will you find so many hot springs? It’s also a good spot for you to get to know more about the Maori culture. In fact, when you visit Rotorua, you can also visit an actual Maori village, making it one of the most unique destinations in the country. You don’t want to visit New Zealand, without getting to know its rich Maori history and culture.
- Waimangu Volcanic Geothermal Valley: Located in Rotorua, this destination is a must-visit place all on its own. It’s a young geothermal system, but it’s still fascinating. It’s an ideal spot to visit for those who love to experience unique experiences and landscapes, of which New Zealand has many. You can go on guided tours in the area, or if you feel up to it, you can go ahead and explore all on your own. From walks through volcanic craters and plenty of thermal activity to boat cruises on Lake Rotomahana, there are plenty of options for you to choose from to explore the valley.
Are you ready to see what all the fuss is about when it comes to visiting New Zealand. You’re going to have to plan to see both islands, but if you only have a certain amount of time to visit, North Island is certainly a good start for you. (But, start planning for your South Island trip, as well.)
New Zealand won’t disappoint the outdoor enthusiasts, adventure seekers, beach goers, and those who want to get to know more about a country that is different than their own. Are you ready to see why many people make New Zealand a must-see country on their travel bucket list?
Pack up your motorhome hire New Zealand and set out to visit the above-mentioned places. They are the must-see places on North Island, but rest assured that there are many more places that you may want to see when you visit Australia’s smaller yet just as captivating neighbor.